• Pets, as well as their pet parents, experience less stress when they have the vet come to them.
• Your vet visits aren’t rushed AND you can get all of your questions answered!
• No travel or waiting time, some of our clients choose to have a family member or pet sitter meet us while they are at work!
• Multiple pet families (No tangled leashes in the waiting room!)
• Families with small children (no need to schedule your visit around nap time!)
• Cat families (most cats detest travel)
• Less exposure to contagious disease, especially for pediatric and geriatric patients
• Less risk of your pet being exposed to potentially aggressive pets
The housecall costs $80 to most areas in and around Richmond. Surrounding areas cost $90-$120. This is comparable to the “Office Visit” charge of most veterinary hospitals. This fee is only charged once per visit. Pet examinations are an additional cost of $39 per pet.
Yes! We offer senior discounts, active military, police, and firefighter discounts!
Appointments are scheduled from 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday. Weekend, early morning and late evening appointments may also be available upon request.
House call appointments should be made in advance when at all possible, as we try to schedule our days by geographic location. We make appointment times in two hour windows due to traffic and emergencies. We can call or text when we are on the way to your home.
Cats need to be in a carrier (or small room) and dogs need to be on a leash for transport from you home to our mobile clinic. It is very important to isolate your cat in a small room or easily accessible area with minimal furniture. If you cannot catch your cat prior to your appointment, please call us before we are on our way. If we have to reschedule and are already at your home or in transit, you will be charged the house call fee. Cats seem to have a sixth sense about things and will often make themselves absent just when you need them!
Capital Home Veterinary Care values your referrals. If you feel we have earned your seal of approval and refer us to your friends and family, you will earn $25 for everyone you refer towards your next service with Capital Home Veterinary Care. Just make sure they mention you when they call!
We mainly see patients in the city of Richmond and the counties of Henrico, Powhatan, Chesterfield, and parts of Goochland and Hanover.
Yes! Our business office is located at 579 Southlake Blvd Suite B Richmond, VA 23236
You can pick up refills 24 hours a day from our lock box on the exterior of our business office at 579 Southlake Blvd Suite B Richmond, VA 23236. We can also mail most refills for a $6.95 fee.
We do not offer professional grooming and bathing services, however we do perform medical and hygiene clips when necessary as well as nail trimming.
We need at least a 24-hour notice to cancel an appointment, otherwise, you will be charged the house call fee