Grain-free pet diets are offered by just about every brand of pet food available, and while these brands claim to be a better nutritional choice for our carnivorous dogs, new research might indicate otherwise. Recent and ongoing research from the FDA has shown a potential link between grain-free diets and canine heart disease, specifically a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).
Category: Heart Disease
- 6 Signs Your Cat Needs to See a Vet Immediately
- Preparing Your Cat for a Stress-Free Vet Visit
- Pet Hydration - Summer Tips for Pet Parents
- Ensuring Your Pet's Safety and Security this Summer: National Microchipping Month
- Arthritis Awareness Month: Treatment Options for Pets with Arthritis
- Heartworm In Dogs: Protect Your Pet From This Deadly Disease